The British Society for Immunology recently published our Diversity and Inclusion Framework highlighting our commitment to working closely with our members and community to raise the bar for equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in immunology.
To continue building a platform to learn and grow together, we are invite BSI members to participate in our EDI discussion groups and help shape our future work in this area.
Our goal is to engage with people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to enable us to better understand and represent community needs and increase excellence in immunology.
We will be hosting a series of focus groups to:
- Inform about our upcoming EDI activities
- Provide a powerful voice on diversity policies and inclusive practices
- Establish an additional feedback mechanism to communicate emerging challenges and opportunities in the region
- Pursue open and honest conversations with our members about what we do well and where we can improve to better support our community
We want to encourage all members to consider participating in this initiative, in particular:
- People from underrepresented communities
- Individuals with experience in managing EDI issues, such as conducting activities to promote diversity and inclusion in immunology
- Anyone willing to share ideas for creating a fairer and more inclusive immunology community
The next EDI discussion groups will take place on Thursday August 11 (2pm-4pm BST) and friday september 16 (10:00-12:00 BST). You will only be required to attend one of these dates, but please save both dates in your calendar.
If you want to make a difference and support the Society’s mission, please email an expression of interest to [email protected] by Friday, July 15 explaining why EDI is important to you and why you would like to join the discussion group (max. 200 words).